Custom Shopify App Development
We offer full-stack custom Shopify application development services to our clients. Allowing Shopify merchants to extend their Shopify admin and frontend store with added functionality and tools that streamline both business and customer workflows.
When should you have a custom Shopify app built?
Custom Shopify Apps are a great way to add some missing features in Shopify to your storefront. Often your business model is unique and you can't seem to find the right fit with third party Shopify apps found in the Shopify app store. This is often when merchants decide to explore custom Shopify app development.
What are the benefits of a Custom Shopify App?
There are many benefits to building your own app on Shopify. However often the number one reason a merchant would build their own custom Shopify app is to fill a void in functionality or meet a business need not already satisfied by the existing Shopify platform or its ecosystem of third party applications.
Additionally there are other benefits as listed below.
- Direct integration with your store: Get the tools you need backed with the same familiar interface you use with Shopify making operations seamless when using your custom Shopify application.
- Low monthly cost: Once developed your custom Shopify application operational costs can be very minimal saving you money over time. Monthly hosting of the application is often the only cost. Our applications are developed on Amazon AWS platform and typically run $10 - $100 per month for hosting depending on traffic of your store and resource demands to the server.
- Reliability and control over development of features: Often with third party applications they work flawlessly until one day a change is introduced. This change may only impact your store due to some esoteric feature only you were using. The result is a lot of headaches trying to work with a third party to sort the trouble out. This is not the case with a custom Shopify application. Once development is complete the application code is frozen in time and will not change overnight as with a commercial app.
- Speed and Scalability: With a private custom Shopify app you are the only store the application is serving. This allows the app to run fast and complete requests quickly. With third party commercial apps this is often a first come first served scenario and can lead to slow response times in your store when customers are shopping. This is especially evident during large holiday shopping periods like Black Friday. Our custom applications are designed to run on the Amazon AWS platform. The same platform that runs The Department of Justice server operations and many other government agencies. Making our systems highly reliable and secure with 99.9% uptime.
- Data Security and Integrity: Rest assure you and your customers data is not falling into the wrong hands. With your own custom Shopify app. You can control the security and integrity of your data without the concern of handing it over to a third party application company. Now more than ever data privacy and integrity is critical to operations for internet based business.
How much does a custom Shopify application cost to have developed?
Custom Shopify Application development can have a wide range of pricing depending on the size of the application and the tasks and features it needs to complete / provide respectively. Generally apps cost around $2000 for small simple apps to $10,000 - $50,000 for large applications.
What is the difference between a Shopify custom app and a third party Shopify app?
A custom Shopify app is an app you or someone you hire develops exclusively for one or more stores. This application is not listed in the Shopify app store and is generally only installed on stores you control (however it is possible to install it on as many stores as you like). Third party apps (also known as commercial Shopify apps) are an entirely different thing. They are available publicly in the Shopify app store and used by multiple merchants across many companies and stores. Often third party Shopify applications have a monthly fee and sometimes provide support by phone or email.
How long does it generally take to develop a custom Shopify app?
Development time can vary a great deal when building your Shopify app. Depending on the features and requirements your app has development can range from a few weeks to several months.
If you would like to learn more about how we can extend your Shopify store functionality with a custom Shopify app. Contact us today for a FREE quote.
Contact us by phone:
Contact us by email: